MILANZI BRACE DOWNS RANGERS – Sunday, March 14, 2010
Lusaka Dynamos striker Joseph Milanzi was in devastitating form when he scored two goals to help his team beat Forest Rangers 2-1 in the opening weekend of the FAZ Super Division at the Musa Kasonka Stadium on Saturday.

Milanzi fired Dynamos to the lead in the 20th minute. However, the lead only lasted eleven minutes as Kameta Mutambo equalized for Rangers. WIth the game heading for a draw Milanzi was at it again scoring a winning goal with six minutes remaining.

In other matches, newcomers National Assembly recored their first win in top flight with a 2-0 win over City of Lusaka at Woodlands Stadium. Moses Phiri put the visitors one-nil ahead in the 26th minute. Mazuba Mkandawire put matters beyond doubt with his 82nd minute strike.

The win takes Assembly second on the log behind Green Buffaloes who beat Roan United 2-0 at the Kafubu Stadium. Morgan Hanjema and Brian Chilando were on target for the Buffaloes.

At the Kanzinzi Stadium, Emmanuel Chimpinde grabbed a second half equalizer for Power Dynamos against the hosts Choma Eagles. His 55th minute strike brought parity to the proceedings after Dominic Ngwira gave Eagles an early lead in the 2nd minute.

Nkana FC and Red Arrows played to a 1-all draw at the Nkana Stadium. Arrows were the first on the scoresheet with Dube Phiri scoring in the 3rd minute. However the home team equalised through Douglas Chiwaya’s goal in the 65th minute.

Debutants Nkwazi nearly caused an early upset. They led Kabwe Warriors until the last minute through Edward Mwamba’s goal.

They let it slip in the end allowing Warriors to come back and score a late goal by Bronson Chama with a minute remaining on the clock.

In Konkola Stadium, Konkola Blades gave away a first half two-goal lead against Nchanga Rangers. Chipulu Chileya scored a brace, getting his first goal in the 14th minute and then scored his second in the 35th minute.

However Rangers were not to go down without a fight. They scored two late goals through Aubrey Funga and Ignatius Mukota in the 71st and 85th minute respectively.

A game between champions Zanaco and former title holders Zesco United was postponed.